Paderborn is a very special location for our company. The acquisition of the first Grüner Weg site in 1957 laid the foundations for our successful development. And it is still the company's headquarters today, the hub of national and international project operations. The precast reinforced concrete elements for construction projects are designed and fabricated here at the Paderborn plant. Many are based on the company's own designs and patents.
Our depth of manufacture guarantees high quality. With our own rebar bending shop, fitting shop and state-of-the-art concrete mixing plant, we not only have full control over material quality; we can also respond very flexibly to changes in the volume and nature of demand. Hence the need for good logistics. The company's own rail loading terminal in Paderborn, for instance, can handle up to five railcars with a total length of 100 m.
In 2016, in a 5-storey extension of the existing administrative building, we launched the "Technikum". The 2,300 m² facility accommodates around 100 staff working in structural engineering and design, architecture and technical building systems (TBS). The ground floor of the building houses the BREMER Academy – a cradle of learning that will help us respond to the challenges of the future.